Friday, December 15, 2006

Hume Hwy alert - Canberra driver and terrified cat

Just sent Aff, and the cat, off on their merry way to Melbourne. If anyone sees a white Lancer with Victorian plates and a terriffied cat catepolting down the Hume towards Melbourne (at 70km/hr), give the driver a wave (and plenty of space). If anyone sees a car of the same description heading towards Sydney, let me know.

So now I am left to my own devices for a week, before I myself make the journey down south next Saturday. With some pretty serious deadlines and milestones to achieve in the next three months, I decided I really can not afford any more time off than the minimal Christmas break. Of course, with a couple of Christmas parties looming, including the much anticipated NICTA party next Wednesday (another drunk geeks alert is likely to be issued for residents of the inner north of Canberra), Christmas shopping, and my annual Christmas grooming (haircut, and maybe a shave), it will be a difficult week for work productivity, but a necessary one I'm afraid.

BTW - Melburnian's - any NYE plans that may allow two outer-towners to crash ? We're not entirely sure whether we will be in Melbourne for NYE (although it's looking more and more like we will be), but if we are, we'd love to know what people are doing (email me if you'd prefer not to post a world-wide advertisement).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how rude! Gink and I had a very civilised trip, we shared a lunch of tuna and yogurt at Holbrook and made the trip in a flat 8 hours thank you!
aff

12/20/2006 09:19:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home