Thursday, November 02, 2006

A wedding, a party, bloody anything !

Yep, wedding planning is always happening in the background, and yep, it has it's stresses. The "I told you so's" can be heard all around, from those who have been through it all before. The thing is, it could be fun, it really could, but for that underlying sense that whatever you choose to do that breaks from the standard wedding formula, brings with it substantial complication. This is our choice of course, although I do remember thinking I want this wedding to be casual and simple, hoping this desire would equate to a reasonably stress free preparation. The problem of course is that it doesn't matter whether you say "I want simple", or "I want everything", the real issue comes from wanting anything at all. Saying "I want a small wedding" for example, means having to cut out many good friends and family from the list. Conversely, saying "I want all my friends and family there" requires a venue large enough, and a budget. One of the best moves we have made in recent times is allowing Aff's Mum to take control of the reception affairs for us. She very generously offered to do this. This, quite simply, has been a God send, and while many decisions still need to be made, Aff and I have never felt so informed as we do now. Thanks Mary!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

macca - as you know, I've always had reservations about this future-mother-law of yours. take my advice - don't let her bombard you with too much half-baked information. Tell her to rein it in (some people like nothing better than to tell other people how to spend their money.)

11/04/2006 03:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcolm Chris

11/04/2006 03:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home