Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Swamped

Not much action on the blog front I'm afraid. As always, this is due to other aspects of my life (yes, I do other things besides read and write blog posts) taking priority. I had one of those sleepless night's a couple of days ago, when I went to bed thinking about everything I have to do in the next two months. The entire night was spent following my mind through a bizarre maze of anxious thoughts and wild scenarios. Too bizarre and vague to go into here, but I am sure others know what I mean. It was like a recurring test pattern in my mind, but without the elevator music.

The number of things on my todo list is quite daunting, but it's the non-deterministic nature of the tasks, and the difficulty in finding a place to start, that makes them truly stressful. If I can look at what has to be done, and say "task X will take Y hours, or Z days", then it's usually not so bad. My situation is more like "I have tasks A-K to do, and no idea how long any will take". There is also the added complexity that task A is very important to me, while tasks B, C, D and E are not as important to me, but others are relying heavily on these being done, which traditionally means I will prioritise these tasks over task A. Then there are tasks F-K, which are mostly just things I said I'd do without really thinking about the time I actually have to do them. I am slowly negotiating ways of getting out of these ones.

Outside of all these immediate tasks is the one mammoth Task "W" (aka "Wedding"). Aff and I both are struggling to find the time and energy for this. It has got to the point where we are having to entice ourselves with bottles of red wine, to make the wedding planning more exciting. Should make for some interesting colour scheme and catering choices on the day.

On the positive, I am off to the snow this weekend, which should be good... expensive ... but good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

Sorry things are so hectic! Take it easy...and, if in taking it easy you think playing trivia would relax you, lemme know! I am confirming our team.

Cheers,
Mands

8/10/2006 09:38:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, can I make a suggestion for you and Aff...

"The Magic 8-ball wedding".

Basically, you should acquire a magic 8-ball, and use the magic 8-ball to make every single decision that needs to be made for the wedding.

I'll be hiring my goth gear for a wedding held at Ouyen at 8:27 am, then :)

8/16/2006 08:52:00 AM

 
Blogger macca said...

I'll be hiring my goth gear for a wedding held at Ouyen at 8:27 am

how'd you guess Rob ?

8/16/2006 09:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home