Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A brutal European summer

A rough back of the envelope calculation this morning alerted me to the fact that for the last two months, I have had an average of about 5.5 hours of sleep per night. What a brutal European summer it has been. The World cup, Wimbledon and le tour de France almost damn near killed me. Last night , being the first night after le tour finishing, I found myself in bed by 10pm, which is something of a record for me (though admittedly, Denton's rather dull second guest, Donny Osmond, did make the decision somewhat easier). I must have slept for 9 hours last night, which is a good indication of my current sleep debt which I suspect I will be repaying for sometime yet. Thankfully, I cannot see any particularly significant sporting events on the horizon that require my attention in the wee hours, so things should get back to normal. I must say, while I do appreciate getting my sleep time back, I do also miss the routine of the late night arm chair spectating. Perhaps I'll buy highlight DVD's of the World Cup and le tour, and just watch them after Lateline to fill the void.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home