Friday, July 28, 2006

Breakfast radio debut

I should probably start tagging posts like this as "shameless self promotion", but I thought this was worth a mention. This coming Monday, I will be taking the plunge into the mysterious world of breakfast radio on Canberra's community radio station, 2XX. Some of us from the Fuzzy Logic science show have taken up an opportunity to do some breakfast radio on Monday morning's as well. So bring on the breakfast geeks. As soon as I heard there was the possibility of doing the breakfast shift, I immediately jumped on it. Quite frankly, I probably hae more interest in this sort of thing than I do in science radio, which can be a bit restrictive (due mainly to the need to report, funnily enough, science stories). There are actually about 4 or 5 of us doing the Monday show on a roster system, so I expect to be on every two to three weeks.

So the question of course is .. just what the hell does one do on breakfast radio ?

My current list of uninspiring topics:

"how about that war overseas?"
"how about that local sports team?"
"is it just me, or are bananas a little expensive these days?"
"I might be wrong, but I think Canberra is a little chilly these days".

Suggestions (obviously) are very welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry I missed that! Got into work really early this morning and would have tuned in online. Let us know when you're on next, hope you had lots of fun!

Cheers,
Mands

7/31/2006 09:29:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home