Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing day - the true meaning of Christmas!

I am blogging to you live from my home town, The Basin, a wondrous outer Eastern suburb, nestled in the hills of the "mighty" Dandenong ranges. Cold meat leftovers from Christmas lunch have just been served up, the family is sitting around very quietly, and the cricket is on - so of course, it must be Boxing Day!

It has been a mammoth few days, though probably not interesting enough to the world at large to detail here. What I will say is that the Aff'n'Chris world tour is well underway, having started on Christmas Eve when we made the pilgrimage from Canberra to Melbourne. That drive just gets longer and longer! After Christmas Eve and morning at Aff's Mum's house in Carlton, we then embarked on our annual a tour of the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, which I am happy to report, no major incidents occurred (although, I did have some old bloke ask me to roll down my window so I could give him directions to Scoresby rd - not sure why he bothered asking because the very next intersection, he did precisely the opposite to what I told him).

Christmas day itself went according to plan. Currently, I am sitting on my arse, thoroughly stuffed with animals of all varieties, suffering significant bloatedness from too many beers, and am a significantly wealthier man than I was before Christmas with Christmas money coming at me from all angles, including some I didn't bank on - I am almost wealthy enough to pay some of our outstanding bills! So all in all, its been another successful Christmas. Aff and I are spending this afternoon at The Basin, before heading back to Carlton tonight. We then transform ourselves from over-indulged blobs, to extreme outdoor adventurers as we pack our backpacks for a 7 day hiking trip in Tassie. At this stage, I am trying to ignore the whole 7 day hiking bit, and am just looking forward to getting back to Tassie again. I'm sure the hiking will be great, but after a huge couple of days, I think I can be forgiven for feeling more like lazing on a beach somewhere ... mind you, the walk itself will be following the South West coast line of Tassie, so I may yet realise this dream.

So that's the Christmas wrap up. I will almost certainly be away from my blog (in fact, hopefully I'll be away from computing technology altogether) until sometime mid January. In the mean time, please check out some of my friend's blogs on the right, and follow some of the many links they provide to some other interesting blogs out there. It is interesting to note that over the last day or so, I have had numerous conversations where the subject of blogs has come up. Clearly, the blogging phenomenon is taking hold. I must admit, while I have known about blogs for quite some time, I never really appreciated the e extent to which this had taken hold. The best thing about blogs is that they are truly independent sources. They can be truly fascinating, often enlightening, sometimes horrifying, highly creative, and all in all, very interesting insights the stories and opinions of everyday people. They are also highly addictive :)

Anyway, enough blogging - there's cricket to watch!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mr C.McC,
Was lovely to see you at Christmas though I am a little miffed that you forgot to mention the inspired gift you recieved from me. What grown man doesn't secretly hanker after itty-bitty teacups with bubble motif is my question.
I'm lovin my special smokey sauce and can't wait to see you and Aff post Tassie-trek.
xxxxxxxcaseyxxxxxxxxx

12/27/2005 01:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Luna said...

Hey chris, i see you've got a post on your blog about teaching science- maybe you'd like to help a fellow science teacher and his students with a project we're doing to help stop global warming. Check out my blog at http://thebrightidea.blogspot.com.
thanks for your help, -kenny

1/02/2006 04:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home