Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dr Phil - never trust a man with a moustache

So the Christmas shopping has officially started. Of course, too many readers of this blog are in-line for presents, so I won't go into the details.

All I will say is this:

If I walk into one more book store and find Dr Phil staring back at me, I may just decide to boycott Christmas altogether. That man apparently believes he has the solution to everything. I walk past the self help section, and there he is, staring back at me with his bald head and "trust me, I'm a conservative middle age man of God" moustache, telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself. Then, I walk to the next aisle, the cook books section, and there he is again, with his "scientifically based" weight-loss diet. Upon reading the blurb, I was yet again told to stop feeling sorry for myself.

I kept browsing, and then found myself in the "mind, body and soul" section (not sure why, but that's where my mood took me), and there he was again, big Phil, this time telling me how he is going to rescue my relationship - and just in case I think my relationship doesn't need any rescuing, Phil goes to great lengths to explain to me that no relationship is perfect, and cannot be expected to flourish without big Phil's intervention.

I had planned on browsing through the computer books section next, but was afraid I'd find Dr Phil's "Linux Life-line", so made a quick exit instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home