Thursday, November 24, 2005

Time flies (like Grease lightning) when you're having fun

.. on this day, 6 years ago, Aff picked me up on the dance floor of a dodgy South Yarra night club ("Silvers") after we both refused to dance to the Grease mega-mix (4 years working at a function centre does that to you!) ...

... of course, we had been house mates for about 18 months prior.

And I should re-iterate, Aff picked me up, not the other way round. Apparently Aff got sick of waiting for me to do anything, which was probably just as well given I was probably adhering to my usual pick-up strategy of avoiding all eye contact, dancing only with my hips (with legs planted firmly on the ground) while avoiding conversation at all costs (combined with an awkward smile whenever something was said that I couldn't hear)- so basically, I was maintaining my tried and tested "shit-scared" tactic, in the hope that it may attract some pitty. Thankfully Aff is a little more pro-active than me.

I should also acknowledge the other person present on the night - Taryn - who left us to go to the bar just before we got together, only to come back 5 minutes later to find her two campanions for the night significantly closer than when she left. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Aniversary My Chris
love ya

11/24/2005 01:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the memories! I can't believe it was six years ago.

11/29/2005 11:19:00 PM

 
Blogger macca said...

well, in reality, we have really only been physically together for about 4.5 years having spent 12 months apart in 200, and 6 months apart last year... but yes, time flies.

12/07/2005 12:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home