Thursday, November 17, 2005

a lucky goal, a tense penalty shoot out, and a sore head .. what a game!

I have nothing else to say... Rob, who was actually at the game, provides an excellent summary of what its like to witness a genuine Aussie sporting triumph (I mean Macybe Diva's three Melbourne cups were impressive ...but lets face it .. its a bloody horse!)

.. all I will add is that soccer is quite dangerously conducive to drinking lots of beer .. I watched the game at Tim and Lee-Fay's house after playing netball .. Dehydrated and anxious - my beers seemed to become some sort of security blanket (or perhaps a pacifier), protecting me from the plentiful moments of unbearable tension. Each Australian clearance, and saved Uruguayan penalty shot, would motivate me (quite sub-consciously) to take a large swig of beer. This is apparently the only way my brain is able to outwardly express its relief ...

.. and yes, I woke up with a bit of a sore head this morning .. but this was a world cup qualifying head ache, and it felt good !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The $500-odd it cost me to do this was the best $500 I've spent in a while. What a night.

11/20/2005 11:42:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home