Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ice Ice Berra

Canberra truly has rediculously cold winters. At 12 noon today, the official temperature in Canberra was 1 degree! Apparently it has since warmed up to a scorching 6 degrees, once the morning fog finally cleared and the sun broke through. This morning, when I rode in, it was apparently -3 degrees, which would explain why my face felt red raw, my fingers were burning with frost bight (despite wearing gloves), and my facial hair actually had small icicles forming on it after 15 minutes of riding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over the long weekend, I went home to Tallangatta to see the olds.

It was so cold, we got ice a centimeter thick forming in a stream running through our property. While ice forming in puddles is commonplace in north-east Victoria in winter, Mum said she'd never seen anything like it (except up in the ski resorts).

6/15/2006 05:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home