Thursday, April 20, 2006

Three Ooooh

It's looming. Like a storm on the horizon, like a ship coming into dock, like a PhD thesis submission date - the big three "oh". That's right, this computer geek is pulling into the home straight of his 30th lap around the sun. The crowd is up, the flags are flying, and the big screen is capturing my triumphant approach to the line. Of course, one commentator inevitably starts suggesting that my increasing age may cause subsequent lap times to slow. This, however, is quickly dismissed by experts who explain that everyone knows "30 is the new 20".

Who am I kidding.

Anyway, for those Melburnian's out there, Aff and I are planning to head down to Melbourne to celebrate my 30th on the night of Saturday, May 20. No plan yet (I will email this soon).

For Canberrans, never fear! Some sort of Saturday night, May 6th event will also happen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

erh - hem! Tut tut! Chris, I am afraid you have already said I could take you out on the 5th and it's too late to change, so don't go misleading all your Canberra friends!
Affrica ;-)

4/21/2006 11:50:00 AM

 
Blogger macca said...

ah yes - I keep thinking you have booked me for Saturday. I have now changed the date.

4/21/2006 12:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With you and Aff cycling all over Canberra in between netty gigs, I definitely think the body is thinking you're 30 going on 20...coupled with the maturity and wiseness of someone far older, naturally!

HOORAH!

4/21/2006 12:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home