Thursday, June 30, 2005

So ... how about the weather

It's been a little hard finding the time and motivation of late to blog, as I am in the depths of writing a conference paper which is consuming all my mental resources (so what I am really saying is, I haven't been blogging because I am actually doing work).

Here are some random bits of news and forthcoming blog entries.

I am currently writing another review which should be blogged by the end of the week. A friend and work colleague of Aff's, Tim Windsor, has commissioned my services for the writing of a review of his band's CD launch which happened last Saturday night (and if you think I enjoy saying that, you'd be right!). He wants something like what I did with Aff's choir concert, but I'm finding this to be quite a challenge.

Tonight, another Postgrad Association social event is happening, a Rock'n'Roll night! Complete with the A.C.T rock'n'roll club in attendance to teach us all some moves. I am not directly involved in the organisation of this event, but will certainly be putting on the blue suede shoes for the big occasion. I have told Aff to start stretching now, if she wants to keep up on the dance floor tonight. I'll certainly report back on this event in the coming days.

We have another Melbourne visitor on the way, Claire. In an unprecedented decision by a non-family visitor, Claire has opted for the week long Aff'n'Chris rancho relaxo package! Carnivale` Claire` will kick off this Saturday morning.

Finally, the following weekend, Aff, Claire and myself will be driving down south to a town near Mansfield called Tolmie. Our friend James has a house there. Incidentally, another friend of mine, Cassie, also has a house there, which probably means I know more than half the town's population!). We are meeting up with other Melbourne friends for a bit of a hiking and general catchup weekend - and yes, to keep warm - perhaps a small nip of brandy will also be involved ;)

It appears driving insane distances has become Aff and my new hobby.

... and as for the weather

Canberra has had rain almost everyday since the infamous camping trip to Bright on the Queen's B'day weekend. That was over two weeks ago! Apparently now, Canberra's rain fall patterns resemble something more like it was 100 years ago. I am still waiting for an official word on when I may start voicing complaints about getting wet every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home