Monday, January 22, 2007

Taking the piss

Nothing quite says "productive Monday morning" like handing a urine sample over the desk at the ANU Health clinic as your first act of the day. An awkward interaction with the receptionist was inevitable, as I approached the desk, reached into my back pack to produce my morning's achievement. Thankfully, the reception desk has a nice little blue esky to put it in, so both the receptionist, and myself were saved the ungraceful act of handing one's piss jar over the desk.

Nothing to fear by the way, just a regular check-up (well, by regular I mean, the first of what should from now on be regular check-ups). I was convinced by an unnamed person rather close to me that being 30 years old, I should start getting in the habit of getting check-ups. Fair enough I suppose, but this whole health check thing is quite a process. If I keep it up, hopefully over time, I will master the fine art of providing one's own urine sample.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Parton Words said...

Hey Macca,

Just popped by to have a squizz at the blog. Good to see you're still alive and kicking.

1/23/2007 05:31:00 AM

 
Blogger macca said...

g'day pw - yep, still kicking along, albeit at a lower frequency of posts these days. Did you get a break at all from 106.3 over Christmas ?

1/23/2007 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger macca said...

pw - please tell me you didn't post that comment at 5:31 am ? ahh the joy of brekky radio ? My contributions to 2XX breakfast radio have been a little infrequent these days I must say, mainly due to the insanely early wake-up time. Ah, the joy of community radio :)

1/23/2007 09:44:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home