Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Flag's days must surely be numbered

(posted originally as a comment at Benambra (Rob's blog)

I can't say I agree with the stance the BDO has taken about discouraging the aussie flag at the Sydney festival this Friday, but I do think they have highlighted a very real problem with our flag that I don't think we're going to resolve without some serious change. Surely our national flag's days are numbered . I find it funny that a flag that is supposed to unite us all as one nation, appears to divide us along so many different racial, cultural and political lines. I for one have no affinity with the flag whatsoever, and long for the day when we realise we are a mature nation, and deserve a flag that reflects who we are, not who we were. We need a flag that truly unites us, and perhaps most importantly, one that doesn't get confused with New Zealand's.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home