Thursday, July 19, 2007

Parked in Prague


"Parked in Prague"
(Prague, Czeck Republic)
No, we didn't spend our entire weekend in Prague sleeping on the grass, but I must admit, lazy days like this were very much the theme. Terry, Taryn, Nadja (from Munich), Jen (Terry's flatmate), Travis (an Australian living in London), Aff and I spent a fantastic weekend exploring this beautiful city. It truly is a remarkable place, and nothing at all like I expected. My general impression of Prague before going, was of an Eastern European city slowly openning itself up to the world. What I found was a surprisingly modern, yet impressively well preserved city .... and yes, with beer at genuine 1972 prices!

I do think Prague suffers a little bit from exagerated descriptions of it's beauty, but then again, I don't think I ever laid eyes on anything I would regard as particularly ugly (except perhaps the regular spotting of drunk English blokes on stag weekends). What truly made this trip enjoyable though, was the great bunch of people we were with. Very laid back and relaxed - just the way I like it.

I will hopefully get time to fill in more detail later .. for now, just some photos:


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

What fabulous pictures ! I was just thinking, if you are thinking of going to Germany, let me know!
Hope you are still having a great time. I got Affrica's email - thanks for keeping us oldies in the loop.
Lots of love, Auntie Sabine

7/22/2007 09:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Capital Ideas Australia said...

iamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealousiamsojealous xcasey

7/31/2007 01:51:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I think Prague is even more beautiful then described. For example, Charles Bridge is a treasure, a great beauty. The last time I visited Prague I stayed at the Three Pelicans hotel at the western edge of the bridge. I liked it best early on a drizzly morning with few people around.

8/30/2007 07:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it - it looked like a dump to be honest. In fact, of all the hotels in Prague, that one looked like the worst of all. I remember thinking to myself, why would someone come to such a beautiful city, and ruin it all in a dump like the Three Pelicans hotel.

8/31/2007 05:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home