Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Canbizzarity number 2 - or is this just plain delusional ?

If I decide to register my car in the ACT (which, by law, i will eventually have to do), I will get a choice of two number plates, differentiated only by the slogan at the bottom of the plate.

Option 1 is:

"Canberra - heart of the nation"

I personally have no issue with this one, its even kind of clever given the ACT looks a little like a heart (or alternatively, a giant poo).

Option 2, however, is priceless:

"Canberra - feel the power".

Yes indeed, I often sit down on the lawns of Parliament house, and just breath in the power, or walk into the foyer of the High court, and just beat my chest and grunt - ooh .. love that power!

Seriously, I can think of no better way to ensure receiving a barrage of abuse, and a possible beating, than to have that number plate attached to the front and back of my car.

Still, it is arguably better than the very short lived South Australian slogan I was recently told about:

"SA - going all the way".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only person who could stand "Canebrra - Feel the Power" as a slogan was former Chief Minister Kate Carnell, and she got hammered at the ballot box.
The overwhelming choice was instead "Canberra - Where that tool Howard doesn't live", but the licence plates weren't wide enough. It was seriously suggested that the licence numbers should be removed to make space for the slogan, but for some strange reason this suggestion wasn't adopted.

7/20/2005 06:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Canberra Tourism hasn't suggested they update it to something a bit hipper, something to appeal younger generations, something to encapsulate the spirit of growth in the field of information technology.


Canberra - omg <3 of teh nation :)

7/20/2005 06:46:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Bill Bryson's suggestion for a Canberra tourism promotion slogan. It'd fit perfectly as a numberplate logo too:

Canberra - Gateway to Everywhere Else!

7/21/2005 11:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home